Skinny for spring – Tips to get in shape for swimsuit season
Get skinny by spring and feel confident about picking out that new swimsuit. Total Body Results trainer Julia Zammito can help you get those tight abs and lean body for the season through exercise, diet tips and other hints.
Nutrition is an easy and critical way to get flat abs. People count calories without realizing that calories alone will not get them the body they desire.
• Reduce sugars in foods and try not to have more than 12 grams of sugar per serving. Beware of high sugar commonly found in juices and sodas.
• Beware of sodas because these drinks bloat you with all their chemicals, processed ingredients, high fructose corn syrup and aspartame. Sodas can account for more than 800 calories each day. Our bodies can’t process all the artificial ingredients, so it stores it, contributing to abdominal fat that is impossible to get rid of except through rigorous exercise. Diet sodas are no better because artificial sweeteners also contribute to bloat and counteract that perfect, flat stomach.
• Reducing sodium is also critical to a lean, tight body. In order to lean out, reduce bloat and overall shrink your body, people should have no more than 1,500 mg of sodium per day. Read labels. It’s easy to go over your daily allotment in a single meal.
Exercise is essential to getting that swimsuit body. One must sweat to burn the necessary calories, so both cardiovascular and resistance training are both important. Come to boot camp or get a workout buddy to help keep you accountable and motivated. Fitness programs help provide professional guidance, motivation, and can correct one’s form to get the most out of the workout and prevent injuries. Boot camp also keeps workouts fun and interesting so you don’t get bored with your workouts. Here are a few basic exercises you can do at home:
• Plank – This basic move works the whole core as well as strengthens the core and shoulders. To do a plank, lie face down then prop your body up on your toes and elbows and forearms in an isometric position. Keep your back neutral and flat, squeezing your body and breathing. Hold this pose for 30 seconds to a minute.
• Bicycles – Lie on your back with your hands behind your head near your ears with your elbows out to open up your chest. Lift your knees so your feet are off the ground. Reach with your elbow to touch your opposite knee while your other leg hovers almost parallel to the ground without dropping it. Squeeze your abs and obliques, then switch so the other elbow reaches for the opposite knee. Do 20 reps.
• Squats – Stand with your feet shoulder-width apart. Squat with a flat back, buttocks out, like you’re sitting in a chair. All the weight should be in your heels, and your knees should not go beyond your toes. You can add weights to make it harder. Do 20 reps.
Other tips include hanging up your bathing suit in your bedroom or bathroom for motivation and to help visualize your goal. Get a fake tan because it will make you feel better about yourself, more confident, and look tighter and leaner.
Start your Skinny for Spring program TODAY, and come to any of Total Body Result’s EIGHT boot camp sessions a week. Classes are now offered Monday through Friday at 6 pm, MWF at 6 am & Saturday at 9 a.m
Reserve your spot in the next FREE class by visiting the link below:
Zammito, CPT and National Fitness & Figure Champion is the owner of Total Body Results and runs nine fitness boot camps a week. She is a real-world fat loss expert. She is available to speak to your clubs, organizations, offices and meetings. To schedule a meeting, call (727) 709-3854 or e-mail email@example.com. For a free trial class at her Indian Shores location, visit www.totalbodyresults.com.