Spaghetti Squash Bolognese
Ready in 30 minutes & makes 4 servings.
• 1 medium (2 lb) spaghetti squash
• 1 tbsp olive oil
• 1 medium onion, diced
• 1 ½ lb extra-lean 97% ground turkey
• 1 25-oz can spaghetti sauce *Try to find no salt added or low sodium
1. Cut spaghetti squash in half lengthwise and use a spoon to scrape on seeds. Place upside down in a microwave-safe baking dish, add about ¼-inch water and cover with plastic wrap. Microwave for about 8 minutes or until a knife slips easily into squash.
2. Meanwhile, in a large skillet add oil and onion and let sweat over medium heat until onion turns translucent. Add turkey and let cook, periodically chopping into crumbles with spatula. Add spaghetti sauce and heat through.
3. To serve, use a fork to scrape spaghetti squash out of shell and pour meat mixture over it.
Nutrients per serving: Calories: 440, Total Fats: 10g, Saturated Fat: 2g, Trans Fat: 0g, Cholesterol: 83 mg, Sodium: 740mg: Total Carbohydrates: 43g, Dietary Fiber: 8g, Sugars: 23g, Protein: 44g, Iron: 2mg
I love using squash! It’s a healthy alternative to pasta, fills you up, its loaded with nutrients and hits the spot especially on colder days! Oh, and its super easy! Enjoy!
To Your Success,
“First you must change your mindset, then your diet and exercise… In that order.”
–Bob Harper Biggest Loser Trainer
Our Current Boot Camp Series is underway and kicking some booty!! Register for your FREE session NOW at: http://www.pinellasbootcamps.com/pinellas-boot-camp-registration.html