Ready in 40 min. or less & makes 4 servings.
• 1 egg
• 1 cup wheat germ (I actually use Oat Bran)
• ½ cup olive oil
• 4 chicken breasts
• 6 tomatoes, chopped
• 1 can (28-oz) tomato purée (I prefer the no-salt added)
• ½ cup shredded part-skim mozzarella cheese (you can also use soy or rice cheese)
1. Preheat oven to 350° F.
2. Beat egg in a wide-mouthed bowl and set aside.
3. Pour wheat germ onto a plate and heat olive oil in a large skillet over medium-high heat. Dip each chicken in egg, then coat with wheat germ before placing in skillet. Cook until browned on one side (about 5 minutes), then flip and repeat.
4. In the meantime, combine tomatoes and tomato purée and pour a little into a 9” x 13” oven-safe pan.
5. Remove chicken from oil, shaking slightly to drain and place on top of tomato mixture and bake for 15 minutes or until cooked through. Remove from oven, sprinkle cheese over top and bake for 5 more minutes or until cheese has melted
Nutrients per serving: Calories: 340, Total fats: 12g, saturated fat: 3g, trans fat: 0g, Cholesterol: 89mg, Sodium: 225mg, Total carbohydrates: 27g, Dietary fiber: 6g, Sugars: 15g, Protein: 39g, Iron: 4mg
Pair with a salad or veggie and you have a fantastic, delicious, healthy, fast dinner!!