Eating a lunch full of fresh vegetables gives you enough energy to tackle the afternoon without stopping. This pita pocket recipe is packed with vegetables and nutrients. To prevent the bread from getting soggy, assemble your pita right before you eat it. Remember to refrigerate your deli sprouts, as they spoil quickly.
• 1 whole wheat pita, about 6 inches in diameter
• 2 Tbsp Hummus
• 2 Tbsp Yogurt Cheese or other low fat cheese
• 1/4 cup shredded or grated carrot
• 1/4 cup sliced mushrooms
• 1/4 cup sliced radishes
• 1/4 cup deli sprouts (such as clover, lentil, radish or fenugreek)
• 1 Tbsp unsalted sunflower seeds
- Cut pita in half. Divide hummus between two pita halves and spread on inside of each. Repeat with Yogurt Cheese.
- Divide veggies between two pita halves and stuff inside each. Sprinkle sunflower seeds inside each pita half.
- Serve immediately, or wrap up and take to go!
Keep it Right & Keep it Tight! Nutrition is half the battle! It’s all about incorporating food that’s packed with nutrients, tastes great and won’t contribute to the waistline 😉
Calories: 331; Calories from Fat: 103g; Total Fat: 7 g; Saturated Fat: 2 g; Total Carbs: 45 g ; Fiber: 9 g; Protein: 16 g ; Sodium: 397 mg ; Cholesterol: 1 mg